Saturday, October 4, 2014

Afternoon snack at Toast Box

Eating at Toast Box always gives me Singapore feels. This is my third time to eat at Toast Box. The line of customers ordering is not that long, be it lunch or dinner. Their customers are a mix of nationalities (Filipinos, of course, and then I noticed some Chinese, American and Spanish people 😉). While I and my boyfriend were ordering our food at the counter, we heard the members of the crew talking to each other about the customers' orders in Singaporean Chinese! This gave me a feeling similar to the one that I felt back when I was in Singapore. 😁 (this made me feel nostalgic). We thought that the crew was really trained well not only because of their ability to speak a bit of Chinese but also because of the way they prepare their customers' orders (especially the preparation of the tea! Sad I wasn't able to take a picture of it 😞). 

We ordered Kaya Toast Set (P145), 


This toast has softened butter and coco jam inside. The combination is great! Coco jam's not too sweet. :)

Floss Thick Toast Set (P160), which has 1 Kaya Toast bread with soft boiled eggs and Teh (Nanyang Milk Tea),


This Floss Thick Toast, as its name says, has really a thick topping of floss on top. And it also has a hint of sweetness because of the sweet syrup, I think.

Nonya Laksa (P225), which is their authentic Singaporean Laksa,


This really is the bomb (the bomb 1 :p),

And Char Kway Teow (P225) (my personal favorite! :D).


This is ALSO the Bomb (the bomb 2!) :D

All of our orders are good for sharing (2 persons only). 

If you like Singaporean cuisine, Toast Box has it. Try here now! I promise that every penny you'll be spending will be worth it. 😊

Personal rating:
Food- 5 stars
Price- 3.5 stars
Ambiance- 4 stars
Crew- 4 stars
Will be coming back?- Definitely!

*Toast Box, 3rd Level, Greenbelt 5, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment